|Seminar Duration:||Monday 25 November 2019, 9.00-17.00
Tuesday 26 November 2019, 9.00-17.00
|Seminar Venue:||Hotel Eva, Faro, Portugal
Av. da República 1, 8000-078, Faro
Phone: +351 289 001 000
|Number of Participants:||Max. of 12, min. of 6 participants|
|Trainer/s:||To be confirmed|
|Registration Deadline:||30th August 2019|
|Seminar Cost:||295 EUR per person*|
Registration & Payment deadline to FEG bank account: upon confirmation, see details down below
The Art of Guiding is FEG’s two day course on communication skills for tourist guides and as such meets the requirements for a communication seminar as stipulated by CEN standard EN15565:2008. The course is highly interactive to allow sharing of best practice and is of interest to all practicing tourist guides. Join us to go back to basics in analysing the main elements of the practical guiding skills and communication techniques we use in our daily work as tourist guides. The course also offers an opportunity to explore tools for thinking and acting creatively in a fast, efficient and effective way. Even experienced guides will find this a thought-provoking and stimulating update that will enliven and enhance their commentaries.
Who should attend? … Learning outcomes
- All qualified tourist guides are eligible to attend.
- TheArt of Guiding training course is as MUST to be attended by all professional tourist guides, no matter where they work or what kind of tours they conduct.
- The 2-day training course will be useful to all those who are interested in improving and expanding their potential to contribute towards quality and standards in guiding.
- assessing an audience
- dealing with nervousness
- handling questions
- use of voice
- verbal and physical indication
- body language
- time management
• Responsive, participative, positive, supportive